The Rune Guys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rune Guys Forum

The official forum of the Rune Guys Podcast.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Underrating of F2P

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avalon512

Avalon512

The Underrating of F2P Empty
PostSubject: The Underrating of F2P   The Underrating of F2P Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:16 am

One of the best decisions JaGeX has done with their massive game is make it 100% free. The free-to-play game is one of the best, if not the best, free game on the Web. Introducing the Members option was a good idea for advanced F2P players who have had enough with their basic game.
However, F2P has lately become very underrated. P2P gets all of the new quests, items, skills and dungeons. The last real F2P new content was probably Myths of the White Lands, the Christmas quest, and the last new F2P skill was Runecrafting...Which came out when RS2 was released!

All I'm saying is that we deserve more content. For instance, is it really fair that if members can find extraordinary ways to train combat, or Woodcutting or Mining while F2P players toil dozens of hours more to reach those same levels but end up not really gaining anything from those levels besides being able to mine faster, or get more logs or hit more accurate.

I hate to sound like I'm bragging, but at 855 total level and 78 combat, I'm nearing being an "advanced" F2P RuneScaper. And now I'm feeling that the F2P population's need for a good dungeon has grown a bit stronger. Sure, the Stronghold of Security is nice and all, but after getting the fancy/fighter boots and a skull sceptere, the value of training has decreased to a point where I train on giant spiders with another window over that, monitoring my health, and browsing eBay or YouTube while "bot-training". I do the same thing while fishing, woodcutting or mining.

While I appreciate JaGeX's attempts to "upgrade" the entire game, I feel that the majority of the new content is aimed towards the P2P population. I enjoy the F2P game very much, and I feel that I still have a lot of things to accomplish in it. However, without training mechanisms that P2P players have or more advanced and less time-consuming ways to make money, I find myself consistetnly bored with the game, with my only real drive being preparation for becoming P2P sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thersmasters.wordpress.com

The Underrating of F2P
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rune Guys Forum :: Runescape Talk :: Rants-
Jump to: