The Rune Guys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rune Guys Forum

The official forum of the Rune Guys Podcast.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forums opened up to high level F2P???

Go down 
+2
lord of 9
Nearswordman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nearswordman
Admin
Nearswordman

Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Empty
PostSubject: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Its not that i'm a f2p bigot or anything, but i think JaGeX just opened up a pandoras box with this announcement. Right after my ears quit ringing from the "Give us wildy back" threads, now im going to have to start hearing about how all F2P people should be aloud on the forums. When you split it along paying/nonpaying members line it comes across as a company disision, but now it seems alittle arbitrary.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.runeguys.com
lord of 9

lord of 9

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 am

I agree it was probably the stupidiest thing they have ever done its all f2p forums now there is like no member things its oh we want wildy or f2p melee based? or f2p this or that GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! JAGEX THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE!!!!

I probably should put in the rants forum to much f2p complainng take away forums from the losers =P no offence gangguy or avalon.

LORD king
Back to top Go down
http://www.knightzora.forumotion.com
Avalon512

Avalon512

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:34 pm

I like the idea of XP to get access, but I have to say that I was a little disappointed when I found out that I couldn't use them. Ah well, only 8 million XP left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thersmasters.wordpress.com
Wizards201

Wizards201

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:55 pm

I think that the forums will now be flooded with a lot of "Give f2p more content!!!" Threads, which will be very annoying. But I think the exp limit thing was a good idea, because not a lot of f2p people have that much exp, unless maybe you were a member and your membership ran out.
Back to top Go down
Gsusfrkmec

Gsusfrkmec

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:13 pm

I know this thread is old, but I can't believe how many people are against this! It's not like they're letting any F2P noob post on the forum, there is a high exp limit (Especially for F2P).

Anyone who gets that much exp on a free world is obviously an established Runescape player.

These are real people too you know. There are other reasons besides being cheap why certain people can't get membership, and just getting membership doesn't mean your not a noob either.

Relax people... I don't think they will make it any worse than it already was. Try to get along with your fellow Runescapers.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Aww   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:52 am

Cmon, everyone plays f2p before they become a member, an extra feature or two wont matter. You do realise that F2p who would qualify for the forum is a very small percentage.( i qualify and im 50cb Smile. What website would seriously spend hours and hours creating an account to spam, which would subsequently get banned.

I was mem for a month and got 99 fletch, so maybe ex members would qualify, but so far i haven't seen anymore spam than usual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.runescape.com
Gsusfrkmec

Gsusfrkmec

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:56 am

I'm glad to see someone agrees with me =)

By the way why are you posting at 4:00am??

And... Why am I awake to respond to it...
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:19 am

Because GMT is FTW?
Im from england Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.runescape.com
Nearswordman
Admin
Nearswordman

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Blade wrote:
Cmon, everyone plays f2p before they become a member, an extra feature or two wont matter. You do realise that F2p who would qualify for the forum is a very small percentage.( i qualify and im 50cb Smile. What website would seriously spend hours and hours creating an account to spam, which would subsequently get banned.

I was mem for a month and got 99 fletch, so maybe ex members would qualify, but so far i haven't seen anymore spam than usual.

I'm not one of those people who sit on my throne and say "OMG there giveing F2P an update!!!11!!!111", My consern was that the forums would become flooded with posts about how they demand JaGeX give them more content.

However I think I might have overestimated the amount of players were actually being let in. So far, its a no issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.runeguys.com
Gsusfrkmec

Gsusfrkmec

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:28 pm

an f2p player with 12.5m exp isn't going to beg for new content.
And if they did they would'nt spam it, they would make a normal legitimate post that, by the way, you don't even have to read if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forums opened up to high level F2P???   Forums opened up to high level F2P??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forums opened up to high level F2P???
Page 1 of 1