The Rune Guys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rune Guys Forum

The official forum of the Rune Guys Podcast.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Easter 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avalon512

Avalon512

Easter 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Easter 2009   Easter 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:40 pm

This is my own review of the event, as a sort of addition to what was posted on the blog.

Even before the event was released, I was talking to my brother about it. I thought it would be cool to get a giant bunny suit as a reward AND the giant carrot (though I didn't know about the carrot then). So when I read the premise that the Easter Bunny was retiring, I thought, "What if it's a suit and he takes it off, then you get it?"

The actual reward was NOT worth the time.

You start off like last year's event (weird to think I was, like, level 30 then), with the factory being in trouble, blah blah blah. But when you get into the warren and talk to Easter Bunny Jr. (I agree with Grant on the name), henceforth actually feeling involved in the story, it warps from being a cheesy holiday event into something resembling a storyline to build on! Way to go, JaGeX! You did it! You didn't make a holiday event so completely ridiculous (Jack Frost is trying to freeze RuneScape!) that you feel like no-lifeing to get 99 Runecrafting instead!

Just kidding.

The event was pretty bland, at least to me. While I did just kinda murder it, I still think that the idea is cute, but in context it's bad. C'mon JaGeX, make a big Easter quest involving blood and violence (the crucifiction?). RuneScape is a little to grown-up for bunnies hopping around. The age "requirement" is 13 (like that stops anybody). If you're 13 and still believe in the Easter Bunny, then just go and no-life to 99 Runecrafting!
The carrot is lame, to say the least. While it is cool-looking, you have to wield it for a while to appreciate it (when I first saw someone with it, I thought it was a giant shish kebab). It is fun to "Whack" people with it, but that could serve a better purpose (Carrot Wars!). It should also be usable as a weapon (-100 to all offence & -10 to Strength bonus? C'mon, JaGeX!), though I haven't tried funning with it (yet).

Overall, the Easter event nailed a lot of JaGeX clichês but was mildly enjoyable.

Rating: 2.5/5 (F)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thersmasters.wordpress.com

Easter 2009
Page 1 of 1