The Rune Guys Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rune Guys Forum

The official forum of the Rune Guys Podcast.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Avalon512

Avalon512

Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins   Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 am

You might remember this email from episode 7 or 8. This was the story I emailed in about my friend Darkbob50 and I when we went greater demon hunting:

My friend and I were doing some Greater Demon hunting in the Wilderness the other day to test out my new Defense level of 60 (after all, deadly red spiders don't quite have the hitting capabilities of greater demons). My friend, Albert (Darkbob50), was using some mage equipment since he wasn't that high level in melee- he's 60 combat, while I'm 74. I brought some Varrock teleport runes in case of emergencies, my rune fighting gear, 200 chaos runes and an air staff to do some magic if needed. On the way up to the east of Clan Wars, we quickly demolished a lesser demon, and Albert got the drop of a steel battleaxe (he was, after all, water blasting, while I was stuck with my measly max hit of 13). We went up again, to the Demonic Ruins, and pwned some greater demons in seconds. I got about 1k cash and (omg!!!) 10 thread. Albert got a steel chain and some other stuff before the trouble arrived. It was almost like an epic story- the revenant ork, which was conveintly a level 106, appeared from nowhere, finishing off measly level 34s and 52s in a matter of seconds. Albert and I ran, but it managed to teleblock us both before I could get Protect From Magic on. It went away after a while, but it had hit us each with over a 20 in damage. I had eaten a bunch of my lobs and completely healed again, when, a couple minutes later, ANOTHER revenant came. This time? A revenant vampire, level 68! After hitting us both with hits in the mid-teens, we both decided to run, Albert before me. He ran off to safety, teleported, and was safe. I, on the other hand, had to head to the west and get past TWO revenants, my Prayer Points being pretty badly drained already. When I hit level 20 Wilderness to teleport, I had my character do a "Raspberry" emote at the Wilderness behind me. We had actually envisioned drops of, say, rune platelegs, chainbodies and full helms... but we calculated the odds afterward. It was pretty fun, especially when I was commanding him military style to, "Head behind the ruins, now!" or "I'll attack first with melee, you mage from behind the ruins after I lock it in!", etc. Afterwards, we had some fun at the Duel Arena and got 51 Magic from the rest of my Chaos runes.

And now there's greaters at the Wilderness Volcano. Hmmph.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thersmasters.wordpress.com
Piguy

Piguy

PostSubject: Re: Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins   Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Niice...

If JaGex made the drops for non mem revvys a little better, it could be a great sport. Ya know... THAT would be a GREAT event! Rev hunting!
Back to top Go down
Avalon512

Avalon512

PostSubject: Re: Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins   Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 am

Piguy wrote:
Niice...

If JaGex made the drops for non mem revvys a little better, it could be a great sport. Ya know... THAT would be a GREAT event! Rev hunting!

Genius!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thersmasters.wordpress.com
david ca1226

PostSubject: Re: Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins   Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:07 pm

well they could... but the point of being a member is harder stuff to do, so it would be easyer to subscribe. p.s. why dont you subscribe avalon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins   Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greater Demon hunting in the Demonic Ruins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rune Guys Forum :: Runescape Talk :: Stories-
Jump to: